Yoga & writing retreat
in yelapa, mexico
January 22-28, 2023
Yelapa, Mexico, a quaint fishing village sheltered from high rise developments, cars, and generalized mind-numbing consumerism, is the backdrop for a getaway to rejuvenate your senses, revitalize your body, reset your mind, re-ignite your creativity, and recalibrate your soul.
Why Yoga & Writing?
The quick answer is, because we love both passionately. Also, over our combined 40+ years of teaching and facilitating, we have learned that our bodies are full of stories waiting to be told, and our stories hunger for the sensory detail that will bring them to life. Yoga has the power to uncoil and unwind our Muse in a safe and systematic way, freeing that vital creative impulse for a more vibrant, happy, and fulfilled life.
Note: This is an actual picture of the view from the main palapa where we will be staying.
Leave the hustle and bustle behind for a Mexican jungle adventure that includes:
• Shared accommodations for 7 days and 6 nights on four acres of ecological bliss with a private waterfall and tropical gardens at Los Naranjos Eco-Retreat Center
• Two Yoga & Meditation classes per day with Delta Groove Yoga Co-Owners Olivia Rokotnitz & Valentine Leonard, both E-RYT 500 Teachers.
• Three Creative Writing Workshops with Even the Breath (Lavender Ink, 2016) author and AWA Certified Writing Workshop Facilitator Valentine Leonard, Ph.D.
• Three delicious, healthy, freshly prepared meals each day.
• A mid-week excursion through the primeval forest to one of the breathtaking local waterfalls.
• Plenty of time for connecting with people, iguanas, parakeets, and the amazing local flora; more writing; swimming in the ocean; watching the whales; daydreaming in the hammock; heavenly outdoor massages; and exploration!
HOW DO I GET THERE?*
Fly into Puerto Vallarta, then hop on a 45 minute boat ride to Yelapa from Los Muertos Pier in Puerto Vallarta. Mules (remember: no cars!) will be waiting for you at the beach to take you and your luggage to Los Naranjos Eco-Retreat, about 20 minutes away.
*Please make sure you coordinate your trip with Valentine before booking your ticket!
Includes shared accommodations in beautiful cabins spread around the eden-like grounds, delicious meals at Los Naranjos, all teaching, and mid-week excursion.
Travel is not included.
Please pay your $300 downpayment to reserve your spot.
$100 off if you sign up by 9/30.
The rest of your fee is due by October 30th, 2022.
- If you cancel before before October 30th, you will forfeit your down payment.
- If you cancel after October 30th, you will forfeit the entire fee paid.
- If you cancel before November 30th and register for another of our international retreats within 2 years, a $400 credit will be applied to the new retreat. You may also transfer this credit to another person.